EATS #3: SOBOLO/SORREL RECIPE.
Hey loves. So today's recipe is sorrel/bissap/sobolo recipe. The origin of this beverage is possibly West African even though it goes by several different names all across the African diaspora. It is really easy to make and the ingredients are easy to find.
- Dried hibiscus petals (bought mine on Amazon. Name is Angel Brand dried sorrel).
- 1 Cup cane sugar.
- 1 Tablespoon whole cloves.
- 1 liter of water.
- 2 Tubers of ginger.
- Lime/lemon for garnish.
- Wash hibiscus leaves thoroughly under running water.
- Place washed leaves in large saucepan and add water. Set stove on medium heat.
- Add cloves and ginger.
- Let it boil over and stir.
- Optionally, add either a stick of rosemary or cinnamon for flavor.
- Strain after it has cooled down. Preferably, let it sit for an hour.
- Add sugar, stir and refrigerate. Enjoy!
- PRO TIP: IT TASTES BETTER OVERNIGHT!
WATCH THE FULL VIDEO HERE: