EATS #1: VEGGIE EGG STEW (GHANA STYLE).
For our second recipe on the blog, I bring to your table a simple 10 minute stew. Most of the recipes coming to the blog will be simple and easy. I am not a believer of laboring over the stove. The easier the recipe, the quicker we get to the fun part: Eating.
On my YouTube channel, I have a playlist(MUKASE) dedicated to all African recipes. Check out my latest MUKASE (Kitchen) video on YouTube:
Traditionally, Ghana Style Egg Stew is way simpler than my recipe. It has very minimal vegetables and a copious amount of vegetable oil. But in line with healthy (wholesome) eating, I incorporated vegetables and substituted hydrogenated vegetable oil with Olive Oil.
So let's ramble.
YOU WILL NEED:
2 large plum tomatoes.
1 large Vidalia sweet onion.
3 large AA eggs.
Curry + Sea salt.
Paprika or Cayenne pepper.
1 Bell pepper.
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Wash and chop all vegetables.
2. In a skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil (medium heat).
3. Add chopped vegetables and stir.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of paprika and curry.
5. Whisk 3 eggs in a separate bowls.
6. Add eggs to skillet.
7. Let eggs sit for 5 minutes and scramble with veggies.
8. Correct seasoning. Add just a little sea salt.
8. Serve with rice or yam (like I did).
Watch full video on my YouTube channel.